I am Tammy Stokes and I want to personally thank you for taking an interest in me and my campaign for Superior Court judge. I was born and raised in Savannah and Savannah is my home. I have dedicated my life to serving as an attorney, judge, wife, involved community member, and primary caregiver to both parents.
I practiced law both within government agencies and private practice for 16 years before I was appointed a Judge of Recorder's Court in 2004. I became the first Black woman judge in Chatham County. In 2012, I became Chief Judge and the first Black Chief Judge in any court in Chatham County. My daily goal for the past 17 years in Recorder's Court has been to serve the needs of every citizen of Chatham County in a fair and just manner.
I have seen firsthand that when run well, courts can do an important job of protecting people’s safety, health, and welfare with fairness, equality, and respect. When you get down to the heart of it, I am running for Superior Court judge because I believe justice matters.
I believe my purpose in life is to be of service to the people of Chatham County and it will continue to be my constant commitment in Superior Court.
That is why I am honored to ask for your vote and thank you for your support!
I am a “triple Dog” having graduated from A.E. Beach High School, the University of Georgia, and UGA School of Law.
The University of Georgia (1983)
• Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
University of Georgia School of Law ( 1987 )
• Doctor of Law, J.D.
Chief Judge, Chatham County Recorder's Court (2012-present)
• Judge, Chatham County Recorder's Court (2004-12)
• Judge Pro-Tempore, City of Thunderbolt (2000-04)
• Judge Pro-Tempore, Chatham County Probate Court (2000-02)
• Judge Pro-Tempore, Chatham County Juvenile Court (2000-02)
• Attorney, Law Office of Tammy Cox Stokes (1996-04)
• Assistant District Attorney, Fulton County District Attorney's Office (1991-96)
• Assistant Solicitor, Dekalb County Solicitor’s Office (1990-91)
• Assistant Solicitor, Dekalb County Juvenile Court (1989-90)
• Staff Attorney, United States Board of Veteran Appeals in Washington, D.C. (1988-89)